Saturday, 18 January 2014

Fifth Pillar: DUE Saturday January 18th

Fifth Pillar of Wisdom - Enter the Abbot

Post your Fifth Pillar blog response(s) here.



Contents of the Fifth Pillar:
  • Chess Verses - The Aesthetics of Strategy
  • The Other Cheek 0 A Meditation on Kung Fu and Christian mercy
  • Gangsta Chi - A Meditation on Art and Violence
  • Peace
  • Idea Traps


*All responses are due by MIDNIGHT on 

SATURDAY January 18th*



When writing your question or response, please include your NAME...if you do not, I will not be able to mark your work.


Question Example: 

"Why does The RZA breaks his book into seven "Pillars" instead of chapters?"
                                                                                                                      - Ms. Leanne

Answer Example:

"Throughout his life, The RZA studied the Supreme Mathematics of Gods and Earths and many world religions. From these studies, he noted that both the Supreme Mathematics and the religions he connected to considered the number seven as divine and symbolic of the consciousness. When it came to writing The Tao of Wu, The RZA decided to divide his text into "Seven Pillars of Wisdom." Each pillar reflects a key turning point in his life that he wishes to share with his audience. He does this because he hope his readers will learn from his experiences and connect to or be inspired by his personal journey on the path to enlightenment."
                                                                                                     - Ms. Leanne


If you are posting your question, write it in the comment box below.


If you are responding to someone's question, hit "reply" below their question.

29 comments:

  1. How did meditation help the RZA ?

    Eleni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meditation means you are aware of your inner self as well as outer self. Mediation allowed the RZA to see what we already were in a new light. It brought wisdom which is light. It illuminated how unrelated areas of knowledge connect to one another.

      Eleni

      Delete
    2. Meditation brought RZA wisdom. It revealed to him what he wanted to do in life; create a record label and form a rap group unlike any other. "It illuminated how these seemingly unrelated areas of knowledge connected to one another."

      Delete
    3. Meditation allowed RZA to connect the following, the Wu-tang movie, the Bible stories, the kung-fu epics, and the hip-hop battles and apply them all to his life. It made RZA follow his dreams and create a record label for rap.

      - thulasi

      Delete
    4. the knowledge was latent-the Wu-Tang movie, the Bible storries, the kung-fu epics, hip-hop bettles but meditation allowed me to connect them all, to see their possiblities and apply them to my life. knoledge is knowing, wisdome is doing.

      Delete
  2. Meditation brought RZA wisdom. It revealed to him what he wanted to do in life; create a record label and form a rap group unlike any other. "It illuminated how these seemingly unrelated areas of knowledge connected to one another."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In response to Eleni's question. Whoops!

      Delete
  3. In this pillar RZA talks about true consciousness. How do you think you become in touch with your consciousness? Explain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that to get in touch with your consciousness you must try to relax and let all your thoughts go and just breathe. have a quite spot where you can sit or lay down and just be with your self. I do this all the time to let go of stress or to even help me think. I have done this since my daughter was born, so for five years now. I find now I'm more positive towards life and myself. I feel that I have lots to learn, live and many obstacles to face but I can do so now feeling like I have a inner strength. A will that picks me up when I have fallen and tell me to try again. This may sound a little corny but I'm telling the truth. I have over come many different things so far and I feel that I have learned from my experiences, instead of letting them knock me down. All because I took the time to think about who I am and who I wanna be. Letting my love and soul guide my inner thoughts and make what I can out of my life.

      Rachel, Hayes

      Delete
    2. I believe that to become in touch with your consciousness you must be completely relaxed and honest with yourself. The RZA used meditation to allow himself to relax and let things become clear. You must honest with yourself, because if you aren't telling yourself the truth you won't be able to bring up your real feelings and opinions . You need to be relaxed, because you need to be able to take your feelings and opinions with a clear mind. Being relaxed and honest with yourself allows you to use logic so that you are able make revelations about yourself.

      Delete
  4. Why do you think it was so important to The RZA that ODB and Method man were signed by different labels?

    Rachel,Hayes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reason it was important to sign OBD and Method Man to different labels is it would help to get the Wu-Tang clan a bigger reputaion it the music industry and to help spread the word about the Wu-Tang clan.

      -Alex H

      Delete
  5. What was "Protect Ya Neck" and what happened there ?

    -thulasi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Protect Ya Neck is a song by the Wu-Tang clan.

      Delete
    2. Protect Ya Neck was a the first song they made that had sold over 10 thousand singles in March of 93 from there album 36 Chambers .Its because of this song they got known and got many offers from Labels that wanted to sign them.

      -Angel

      Delete
  6. Why did the RZA and his group pick the "Wu-Tang Clan" as there album name instead of "Shaolin" ?

    -Thulasi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The answer is at the bottom of page 108/109.

      Delete
  7. How does RZA feel about making beats ? explain.

    - thulasi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RZA has a very big dedication to making beats. RZA would stay days in his studio just making beats, and would test out which and what would go good with another. RZA had a very big passion for it and was very dedicated to his work in making music but far more, making beats.

      -Thulasi

      Delete
  8. What incident occurred after the making of "Liquid Swords" and why did this have a great impact in RZA's life ?

    -Thulasi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RZA’s town house got flooded and destroyed his studio. This had a great impact on his life because everything was going great and he was happy with the success of everyone and the success he achieve in creating something he could call his own. It bought up the past struggles he faced in the projects as a kid and that definitely led him to realize there’s going to be more struggles in his future. Lastly his greatest concern was having to create music in another venue, having to leave the studio was most likely painful simply because so much success had come from that one place and he knew the effect it would have on the future productions.

      Delete
  9. Do you believe that it is easy to get in touch with your consciousness? Explain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally do believe it's easy to come in contact with your own consciousness. I believe this because there is nothing that would appear in your physical reality if it didn't appear in your thoughts or feelings. It’s much easier to come in contact with your consciousness then just do what the mind tells you to do. I believe every person always has a second option when they are about to do something, and when it comes to the human body I believe that you should always be aware and in charge with your consciousness at all times rather than your actions. Once you know who you are in life and what your goals are it’s easier to get in touch with your consciousness and lay out your goals in order to achieve them.

      -Thulasi

      Delete
  10. why do you think RZA was the guy who used to break-dance, DJ, write graffiti, MC-do anything to do with hip-hop?

    ReplyDelete
  11. What form of meditation does Rza use and what has it allow him to see?


    -Angel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why does Rza refer to the zodiac and how does it resemble each member of the Wu Tang Clan?


    -Angel

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why did the RZA walk from Park Hill projects to the Stapleton projects?

    -Alex H

    ReplyDelete
  14. If the flood didn't ruin RZA’s studio do you think that the outcome of not only RZA but all of Wu-Tang would have been transformed? Would it have potentially somehow end up similar to what actually happened or something completely different? Explain why. Do you believe in the saying “everything happens for a reason”? Yes or no? Give 1 reason.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How did rza basement get flooded?

    Tunde

    ReplyDelete